Background to bedoco
Essentially bedoco is a call to action:
be inspired, be aware, be generous, be kind
do care, do something to make a difference
connect with wildlife and environmental conservation, commit to giving back, live with passion and compassion
bedoco people are people who …
- love nature’s wild and wide open spaces
- are passionate about protecting wildlife in its natural habitat
- want to leave a better world for our children
- treasure an environment of beauty and balance
- love colors and textures, birds and animals and beautiful gemstones
- care about supporting companies that treat their staff ethically
- we are socially and globally conscious shoppers
bedoco is based in Bali, Island of the Gods, in Indonesia. This is where our jewelry is manufactured by skilled craftsmen continuing centuries-old traditions.
Currently bedoco accepts the following payment methods:
- Credit Cards: VISA, MASTER CARD, JCB Note: payment will be processed in Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) via the Xendit payment gateway. The current international exchange rate between your currency and Indonesian rupiah is what will be billed onto our card statement.
- PayPal – We can offer you the ability to purchase your bedoco jewelry with Paypal if you prefer. Paypal is not set up on our website, but our customer service can set up a paypal invoice during Bali work hours and you can easily make your purchase this way. This is an excellent method for international payment with an USD transaction.
Sales Tax is included in the retail price.
We award bedoco discount vouchers to loyal customers, and occasionally we will have special promotional sales. Check the bedoco website and social media channels for news of these special offers.
bedoco jewelry is crafted by Indonesian silversmiths at the Yasmin Silver artisan workshop in Bali, utilizing a combination of centuries-old hand-craft traditions and modern machine-tooled processes.One of Tori’s inspirations for founding bedoco was to ensure that these traditions would be maintained through continued orders for quality hand-crafted jewelry.The processes are not easy – to solder tiny brass pieces onto silver, for example, requires a high level of skill, and many companies move to hi-tech machinery rather than value and maintain that unique human touch.Many of the artisans have worked for Yasmin Silver for decades, and assurance of work for them also means education for their children and welfare for their families. We will be telling some of their stories as time goes on.
Working with precious metals cannot be said to be a ‘clean’ business, but Yasmin Silver owners have followed a path of innovation and improvement of in-house processes designed to maximize efficiency, reduce waste and minimize negative impacts on the environment. This approach is taken across all departments, from carving and casting to finishing and quality control. Additionally, day-to-day environmental initiatives include recycling systems for wax, metals etc.; energy-efficient lighting; reducing plastic use; and good stock-control to minimize over-production.
bedoco packaging materials are environmentally-friendly; however, we cannot guarantee that external packaging used by the shipping agents will match our standards. This is a longer-term challenge!
Once your order has been submitted, within 24 hours bedoco will send you a CONFIRMATION email to let you know we have received your order.
Then we will process your order for delivery, ready for shipping.
As your handmade bedoco jewelry is delicate and precious – like the world we live in – it should always be protected and handled with care.
Our pieces are made with high quality metals: silver, brass, bronze, white bronze and copper.
However, when exposed to elements such as perfume, lotion, chlorine, ocean water or even our skin’s natural oils, the metals will tarnish. With this in mind, be guided by the bedoco name to remember how to care for your treasures:
Be bare when you swim, sweat or shower;
Do love and protect your jewelry by storing it in its original box at the end of the day;
Conserve and restore the polished look by buffing with a jewelry cleaning cloth when needed; and of course …
Continue to love and enjoy your jewelry and spread the news about Conservation!
Please check the Jewelry Care page for full instructions.
All orders are dispatched from the bedoco base in Bali, Indonesia.
- DHL generally delivers within 3-7 working days, but ***Please note- due to delays from COVID-19, all DHL orders are expected within 7-10 business days.***
- Please note: The estimated time does not include customs processing, where relevant; unfortunately, this is beyond our control
- Orders are not processed on the weekend and Indonesian public holidays (see National Holidays In Indonesia website)
- During special offers or sale events or launch of a new collection you may experience a 5 -7 day delay in receiving your order
Taxes & Customs Charges
International packages may be subject to customs duties. These are the responsibility of the customer and are not included in the order or shipping price. Please check your local customs website for information.
Sales Tax is included in the retail price.
If you wish to cancel or change an order that has not yet shipped, please contact us. We will attempt to accommodate your request.
Once an order reaches fulfilment and is processed for shipping, we cannot cancel or make changes. In this case, please read the bedoco Return Policy.
All orders are final once they have been processed through the checkout. No further changes can be made to your order once processed including and not limited to; removing and/or adding items to your order, combining orders or cancelling your order.
Click here for more detailed information about the bedoco Return Policy.